- Existence of God
- Creation of the World
- Fall of Adam and Eve
Reality of SinCancelled
- Effects of Sin
- Due to technical problems, there is no recording for this lecture. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Mortal vs Venial
- Last Things
- Savior promised
Healings of Christ
- Class was cancelled due to the weather.
- House of Bread & Bridegroom
- Commands of Christ
- Paschal Mystery
Promises of ChristCancelled
- Early Church
- Lenten Fasting
- Initiation (Born Again)
- Eucharist / Mass as Sacrifice
- Life in Christ
Part-time Director of Sacred Music
St. Mary Catholic Church
St. Mary’s Parish is a small (180 household) but active parish that has enjoyed the use of both the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms of the Roman Rite. The parish is under the direction of the Fathers and Brothers of the Kalamazoo Oratory of St. Philip Neri, Community in Formation. Over the past several years the parish has built a strong music program and wishes to continue this work under the principle of “restoration of the sacred through beauty.” They attain this through the use of the Ignatius Pew Missal and the Adoremus hymnal. The parish is seeking someone to work closely with the priests and brothers of the Kalamazoo Oratory in order to develop the music program reflecting the nature of the liturgy of the Church as a sung prayer. The individual will also be responsible (in collaboration with the priests and brothers) for helping to establish and develop a library of sacred music for the parish. While this position will begin as part time, the right candidate will help expand this position into a full time ministry.
Some of the expected time commitments are as follows (estimated to be 10-15 hours weekly):
- weekend Masses
- Saturday vigil – 4:15pm – Ordinary Form
- Sunday morning – 9:00am – Ordinary Form
- Sunday afternoon – 12:00pm – Extraordinary Form
- weekly rehearsal with a mixed voice choir which sings at the Ordinary Form Masses
- three weekly rehearsals per month with the men’s schola which sings at the Extraordinary Form Mass
- one weekly rehearsal per month with the girl’s schola which sings at the Extraordinary Form Mass
- various celebrations of feast days, processions, Sunday vespers, and Forty Hours throughout the year
In addition, it is preferred that the candidate possess the following:
- competency in singing and teaching Gregorian Chant and sacred polyphony
- competency in choral directing
- competency in working with instrumentalists for special masses and celebrations
- a working knowledge of the maintenance necessary for the upkeep of the church’s organ
- adequate planning and organizational skills
Those interested in the position should send a resume including salary history to the following address:Very Rev. James Richardson, Pastor
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
939 Charlotte Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Any questions can be directed to: (269)342-0621 or email Fr. Richardson.
Or click here.
Run Time: approximately 2 minutes.
Epistle: Joel 2:12-19; Gospel: Mt 6:16-21
Or click here.
Run Time: approximately 9 minutes.
We struggle over a bag of M&M’s, that I gave up in the morning and by the afternoon have somehow half disappeared. If this is the hold in my heart, that over little chocolates… or a hamburger, or a simple offering of surrender of comfort. My heart struggles, and strains. We should know that this will not go easy. And that the territory that has been seeded to the enemy will not be given up lightly.